F-TREAT for Municipal Wastewater Treatment
Municipal wastewater treatment is an ongoing and never ending issue for treatment plants. After all, the wastewater has to be continually treated to meet discharge parameters. Municipalities have a wide variety of wastewater problems. The majority of the municipal wastewater treatment problems that we hear about are:
- Wastewater Odor problems – both at the sewage treatment plant and at the lift stations
- Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) problems – again at both the treatment plant and at the lift stations
- BOD/COD discharges over permit limits
- BTEX (Benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene, Xylene), Hydrocarbon, and other chemical problems
The majority of these problems can be effectively treated by the regular use of a bioaugmentation product like F-TREAT. F-TREAT,
by Custom Biologicals, is a biological wastewater effluent treatment designed for use in municipal wastewater treatment and municipal lift station treatment. F-TREAT will enhance the biological degradation of the organic chemicals found in municipal and wastewater treatment plants and their lift stations.
F-TREAT contains bacteria proven effective in improving wastewater treatment plant performance. The bacteria in F-TREAT will break down and metabolize organic compounds such as; fats, oils, and grease (FOG’s), proteins, starches, hydrocarbons, BTEX components, and phenols.
Specifically, here is a list of typical uses of F-TREAT at municipal wastewater treatment and sewage treatment facilities.
Municipal Wastewater Treatment Issues
- Startup of new systems
- Recovery of upset systems
- Improving sewage plant stability
- Improving reduction of specific chemicals, like hydrocarbons
- Improving efficiency in the reduction of BOD and COD.
- Stabilizing the BOD and COD ratio
- Improving wastewater systems that are under aerated
- Improving fats, oils, and grease pre-treatment and digestion
- Improving cold weather performance
- Improving hot water performance
- Improving solids settling
- Improving clarity
- Reducing sludge production
- Reducing wastewater odor problems
- Reducing lift station problems such as FOG buildup and odors
Custom Biologicals has over 20 years experience in helping municipal wastewater treatment plants operate more efficiently, and more cost effectively. Contact Custom to discuss your municipal wastewater problems.